Mar 28, 2012

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Posted by rona at 12:26:00 PM
image credit: cinefantastiqueonlinedotcom


I've been thinking of making a review on this movie for this is the kind of movie that truly scare my inner being. Honestly, I don't easily get scared by ghost movies, not at all. But when evil possession or the works of evil is there, that makes me real scared and trembling. I actually pray and brace myself before I start watching one. So here, I and Hubby decided to download this movie out of curiosity from the internet and watched it together last week. All that you will read in here are pure views and opinions from me.

I believe that what happened to Emily Rose is real. It's so real that even the doctor who was right there during her exorcism couldn't explain what he felt and witnessed in that very moment. He was totally terrified.

As a Christian, who believes in God and in evil, I'd say that this movie is never a fiction nor a fact but a manifestation of what evil can do to human beings. As to what I saw in this movie, Emily Rose was a devout Christian and was active in the church. But why did evil came to dwell in her and made her suffer? And to think, 6 evil names were inside her. 

First, it's because God allowed it. He loved Emily so much that it's His way to let people know what evil spirits can and cannot do. I'm sure that a lot of people will doubt that God allowed it because why of all people, Emily has to bear it. When she was a very good girl, a very aspiring lady to her career and sure to have a bright future. Well, in this light, I always say that we cannot question how God wants to let us know the whole truth. For me, I definitely believe in the end part of this movie that Emily was destined to be in this situation. The devil stays where they are and she has the choice to stay or leave. During this time, I was actually really sad because no one deserves to be in this but you know, in either way, I was totally happy to know that whatever happens, she's going to be with our Father in heaven. And I was in awe that Emily chose to stay on. 

I'm sure that this is a big question to most of us. The truth is, evil is here to deceive, kill and destroy. In the case of this movie, we saw how terrible the extent could be. But then again, God gave us free minds to believe it or not. We have all the freedom to choose yet for me, God has His ways even to this present time how He wants us to know and make us realize His power and love that no matter what happens, for as long as we believe in Him, and have faith in Him, we will never be forsaken. Evil may do big and small things in us, that sometimes, it's too small that we don't think it's deceiving us already when wrong becomes right. The question is, will we let that stay in us or let it go. It's our choice. 

This movie may scare us but then let's take in the joy of other things that God gives us everyday. A blessed day to everyone.

Photobucket

10 Reviewers Commented:

  1. Nice movie indeed. I sympathized with the real Emily from Bavaria, Germany. If you see her photos, I doubt you'd sleep through the night for several days. I think she'll be beautified for her amazing story. I watched this for only a couple of times cuz I couldn't bear the scary effects. There was this scene when Emily was alone in her dorm, at 3 am, she woke up haunted with her body raised up in the air. The witness (her exorcist) and the laywer were both haunted with evil spirits as well. The part where she dreamt of Mother Mary talking to her to end her suffering and leaving her with stigmata was very surreal yet touching. This movie is a scaremonger for real-time students who live in dorms, are loners, ill and refuse to go home on weekends for parental security.

    Sorry for the many deletes. I hate blogger sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Itin! This movie really trembled me. Ang galing kasi ng sound effects din and the actress did her best that made me sleepless that night. Grabe, especially the scene when his boyfriend ba yun, stayed with her in the dorm and then he woke up and terrified by Emily's position down on the floor with blazing stare at him. You would see how shocked he was kasi halos bali bali na ang buto nun ni emily eh. And I admire him, na kahit na takot na takot sya he stayed with Emily till the end.

      Thanks Itin for dropping by! Talagang scaremonger ang movie na to.

      Delete
    2. Btw, the scariest scene was when she was exorcised completely with 7 demons entered her body. Imagine, Nero (the stupid Greek ruler in we know in history who burned down his own palace) and Adolf Hitler were just two of the seven demons that haunted her for the longest time. Then yung scene na sinabihan siya ng demon "You're DAMNED" - freaky talaga!!!

      Delete
  2. waaah hindi ko kaya manood ng horror movies! pero with this review bka try ko na manood.

    ikaw ata ung nakwento nya na nagpapaturo sa blog? i was sooo occupied last year di ko na nabalikan si aya tungkol sau. sorry. but am happy to see you did so well ha! i can see u have a number of sensible and beautifully designed blogs! congrats!!

    i remember u leaving footprints on my blogs, i love all ur comments thanks! sensya na now lng nagkatime to return the favor :) bc ate mo ehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Naalala ko din yun. I was a total newbie na tanong ng tanong kung kani-knino. ayun, so far, nag-improve na lahat. hahaha! Thanks for coming over and appreciating my blogs and designs Ate Niko!

      Delete
  3. maybe you could come and join me http://crazybeautifullifeofkaren.blogspot.com/2012/03/scarlet-wednesday-1.html. Scarlet Wednesday is now up... see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. try k panooorin tong movie to sa review mo my mkuha tayong aral hanapin k to sa youtube sis.sana lng mkayanan k panoorin tong movie ito kc hindi ako malig sa mg nkakatakot n movie ayw k talaga

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen a few horror films and no matter how mediocre they are, they still frighten the hell out of me. So no comment. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. grabeh panakot ko eto sa mga pamangkin kong makukulet he he. Pag sinabi mong "Emily Rose" tilian na sila ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heto rin, may "DVD copy" ako kuno nito binurn nung dati kong jowa, pero di ko din napapanood pa. Ikaw na talaga teh ang reyna ng takilya. Parang dami mong nirereviews dito na hindi ko napanood.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Rona's REVIEWS © 2012 Blog Design by Rona Cute Pink Review Template Vector by Shutterstock