Apr 3, 2012

The Terminal

Posted by rona at 8:49:00 PM

How would you feel being stuck in an airport? Not in a day nor in a month but for nine months! Will you accept the challenge? Or give up?

Tom Hanks, once again, entertained me and a lot of viewers for sure with this movie. This story made me feel like I was watching him in Cast Away movie that he did way back the 90's if I'm not mistaken. He was stuck in an island for about many years when the plane where he was riding crashed. He survived from the crash fortunately but just to get stuck in that unknown island for  several years! Yet, I'd say that The Terminal is much more endurable than the Cast Away situation. 

Reminiscing that movie in my mind challenged my patience again in this movie, The Terminal. I was thinking, Tom Hanks must be a very patient person in real life maybe that producers get him to play this kind of role in the movies. Well, I'm hoping so because if I were him, I'd be the most desperate and depressed person if given without choice but to be in that situation. 

This film I believe is very inspiring. Viktor Navorski as played by Tom Hanks, portrayed a man of dignity - for not  going against the rules. He saw himself being caught in the situation where he couldn't be given permission to enter America and not being allowed to go back home (Krakozhia) as well due to the civil war that's been going on in his country. To make this understandable, he was identified without a country. Thus, making him an alien in the US and worse, they could not even allow him to step out beyond the doors of the New York Airport. To think, that he's just steps away from setting his foot on the grounds of New York, he'd be taking advantage of escaping when guards were not on their posts, right? But he didn't. And that is very admirable about him. 

So, he had no choice but to stay within the corners of the said airport and be there for as long as the war in his country is over. 

Well, I'm not going into details at all so as not to spoil your viewing if you're here just to get some overview of the movie. But okay, let me just give you hints. Right from the beginning to the end of the movie, Viktor's story revolved in the premises of the airport. His 9 months of stay in there had been colorful that he gained friends as well as respect and admiration from people and even gave him the chance to fall in love with a flight attendant. LOL! I spoiled it already! Forgive me. But come on! Watch it now before I'd be tempted to spoil it even more!

Photobucket

7 Reviewers Commented:

  1. Loved this movie. It's definitely one to put on your must see list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Definitely! Thanks for dropping by. Please do leave your blog link next time so I can visit you back. ;)

      Delete
  2. Base sa pagka kwento mo parang ang ganda ng story ng movie na ito. I wanted to watch na but sadly, I cannot find enough time.

    Hayyzzz... dito na lang ako makikibalita about movies. Hehehe

    Thanks for the share. I mishu... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bago lang ba tong movie na to ate rona?para kasing familiar eh..or siguro naimagine ko sa isip ko yung movie dahil magaling ka magkwento...naks :)gawa ka ng review about john carter..ehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lester - I saw John Carter. It was nicely made, specially because we saw it on 3D. But otherwise, it's just a fantasy film that's made to entertain. There's always the good-looking guy with the hot girl. You know the rest. Haha. But it's really is entertaining. On the other hand, this movie that Mam Rona is talking about is probably based on the real life story of Mehran Karimi Nasseri whole lived in an airport from 1988 to 2006. Beat that. LOL!

    @Mam Rona - what I like about this film is it's produced by Steven Spielberg. When he makes a movie, you cannot question the technicalities and details. All you need to do is enjoy what it tells you about. They even made a two-storey building as a replica of an airport. Awesome, right? Plus, Tom Hanks is always a great actor. Oh, you should see him in Larry Crown which he stars with Julia Roberts.

    Thanks for this review Ms Rona! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hindi ko 'to napanood sa kadahilanang alam mo naman bawal ako manood ng sine dati. Haha! Pero kahit nung pinalabas na 'to sa cable, hindi ko din napanood. Maraming salamat sa spoiler, Ning. Di ko na kelangang panoorin. Hehe :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Rona's REVIEWS © 2012 Blog Design by Rona Cute Pink Review Template Vector by Shutterstock