Sep 2, 2011

Brokeback Mountain

Posted by rona at 8:18:00 PM



This movie has actually opened my mind regarding homosexuals. I actually have gay friends before I entered the seminary but it is here where I learned more about them. And it is my gay friend here in UTS who first encouraged me to watch this movie. It was good watching it with him because I asked a lot of questions to him about the movie and relating it to real life situations.

I stand still to my belief regarding homosexuals, but I also love them as they are. I can’t actually fully sympathize with them because I don’t know how it is to be like them. This very close gay friend of mine has been telling his struggles to me regarding his identity as a person. He is sure to be gay indeed. He has some problems with regards to his father. Honestly I did not know how to comfort him because I didn’t know what to say. I just listened to him. His father disliked him for being a gay. But what is important now is that he told me that his father finally accepted him for what he is and actually calling him “hija” and is very proud of him for being a very diligent student in class. He is getting high grades and is a part-time faculty in the same school to where he is attending to because he helps in the choir.

In the case of this movie, it helped me to understand my friend. It actually added more on my awareness of their identity as gays, their social life and their relationships. I am relating this movie to my friend so I could reflect more on it. For me, I can just understand how gays feel about their situations. They feel the condemnation the most. They feel that they are always being laughed at. I don’t also want these people to feel this way because no one nor straight people deserved to be condemned and be laughed at.

The scene which left me curious is that when the two gays met each other again, and seemed to really long for each others’ hugs and kisses. I actually admire them for being so caring about each other that they understand each others’ problems and inner struggles in life because they have the same identity and they feel what each other feel. And the scene when the other gay died because it is the other gay who felt more grief and loss in his part because they were best friends and really had intimate relationship with each other. It seems like he lost the very important part of his life that no one and nothing could ever replace him.

Personally, I can’t be so much of advocating homosexuals but I want to understand them, and their struggles in life. I still believe that God only made man and woman alone. I don’t want to judge anybody on how they wanted to live their life because for me it is only God who has the right to judge people. What I can do is to love my neighbors and understand them and comfort them as much I can.

0 Reviewers Commented:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Rona's REVIEWS © 2012 Blog Design by Rona Cute Pink Review Template Vector by Shutterstock