May 5, 2012

A Quote that Changed my Heart

Posted by rona at 1:17:00 AM

I still can remember vividly a saying that my grandmother once told me when I was a little girl that really struck my heart and mind by the time that I finally understood what she said. 

She said, "your face's beauty and physical outlook is the mirror of your heart".

At first, I didn't know what it meant. But as I become older, that saying that my grandma shared to me, seemed to have implanted in my heart. I understood that if a heart is full of anger, hatred, envy, jealousy, malice and other many negativity, it is mirrored to your outward look. But a heart full of love and compassion manifests to a good and beautiful face that people around you will notice. This will only be possible if you allow God to enter your heart and bear fruits of the Holy Spirit. 

That very saying made an impact to me because the person who shared it is full of wisdom and very Godly. Do you know when did I finally came to realize the meaning behind that saying? When I became a teacher. That's why I would always tell my pupils this with the hope that they'd understand it too as they grow up. 

Oh, I just suddenly missed my grandma! She's very old now and living in the province. I wish to see her soon!
Photobucket

29 Reviewers Commented:

  1. nice one.----- like this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. true, on my case my eyes tell me if i'm happy or sad or mad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... good thing you have a lola that inspires you. I am happy to those people who experience such sweet moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my gramms. She used to tag me along whenever she goes to our province. I miss her preparing our snacks every 4 in the afternoon. I miss her kisses... I know she's looking down on me proud that I continued her sewing skills. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really beautiful and very true quote. I've come across a similar saying before, and I'm trying my best to always fill my heart with love and happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your granny is very lovable which is the opposite of my lola. I think I carried her sarcastic personality unfortunately. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. agree on that quote! :) so we must always feel positive and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's true that whatever's going on inside... can take a toll in you... and it doesnt only ruin your physical state... it ruins you all through out...

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwww, i like this entry. i agree. I just had a life realization when I was already working. hey you made me miss my family too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree!so we must stay positive and beautiful in and out:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way your grandmom share that quote to you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. reading this made me miss my lola.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is true, every emotion we have can be shown on our face. If we are happy ,our face looks the same ,And anger is also not good in our hearts.Grandma's are really our shining armor .they teaches us good things in life. i miss my granny too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an inspiring post. True indeed. And if I may add...whatever your heart contains, your mouth will also speak it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How often do you visit her?

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a sweet and inspiring quote from your Grandmother..and of course, I will aggree with her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a wonderful statement and I am so happy you still have your andma. I wish I did as I miss mine so much. I Lovey oru blog header it is ust so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ..many said, i look physically stressed, LOL, does my heart feels the same way too?LOL!

    ..yeah, but this true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was very heartwarming and enlightening. Sometimes, a bit of anger gets the best of us.. But learning to choose our battles makes living our lives more bearable. I suddenly missed my grandma too.. God bless her soul!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely quote :) Our outside aura is really a reflection of our inner mind and heart :)

    That's why having good thoughts and feelings is always important :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i kinda agree and kinda not ? lol
    there are people who pokerface kc :) < really tricky . haha

    ReplyDelete
  22. But a heart full of love and compassion manifests to a good and beautiful face that people around you will notice. This will only be possible if you allow God to enter your heart and bear fruits of the Holy Spirit. - love this line!

    Do good, feel good, look good!

    God bless your grandma.. wala na ako lola both sides e.. kamiss :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. the quote truly reflects my life right now. i'm so sick as of the moment, so my face looks like it. :/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glowing from within? I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The power of words and saying is so magical that it really struck you big time :) Live life love life!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is very true, when you're happy on the inside, it can't help but show on the outside; you simply radiate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Words of wisdom of the elderly never fails to put an impression to the young.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Rona's REVIEWS © 2012 Blog Design by Rona Cute Pink Review Template Vector by Shutterstock